Making a difference this Christmas: Festive meals & more announced
In the weeks up to the festive season, Big Hearts will continue to provide meaningful support to individuals and families affected by social isolation.
For a second year, Big Hearts will be hosting a free Christmas Day Dinner at Tynecastle Park – providing good food and company to the most vulnerable with a primary focus on over 65s. Central Taxis will transport our guests free of charge and Tesco will supply the food.
Do you know an older person who might be spending Christmas Day alone?
With many over 65s particularly struggling at this time of the year, we’re calling on supporters to let us know about any older people living in Edinburgh who could benefit from attending our Christmas Day Dinner. Registration essential at firstname.lastname@example.org
Big Hearts will also deliver additional initiatives including:
• 2 Dec – Foodbank Collection in aid of Community One Stop shop, supported by Jambos Kickback.
• 11 Dec – Christmas Memories Lunch for older people, with Football Poet Jim Mackintosh.
• 17 to 21 Dec – Free Food Parcels to local families in crisis, in partnership with Tynecastle High School.
• 2 to 8 Jan – New Year School’s Out club, offering daily activities and hot meals to local school pupils.
Further events open to Supporters:
• 5 Dec – Free mortgage or insurance service. 11am to 3pm, Tynecastle Park.
• 7 Dec – Sing along on the Edinburgh Cheer Bus. 1pm to 3pm, from Waverley Station.
• 8 Dec – Free crafts workshop for adults. 5pm to 6:30pm, St Martin’s Centre 232 Dalry Road.
• 11 Dec – Morning breakfast & wellbeing marketplace. 9am to 11am, Waverley Station platform 2.
• 15 Dec – Football game in the spirit of Christmas Day 1914. 11am to 1pm, the Meadows.
• 16 Dec – Big Hearts M&S bag pack and fundraiser. 11am to 3pm, Foodhall Chesser Avenue.
• 26 Dec – Kids activities prior to Hearts vs Hamilton Acc. 2pm to 3pm, Gorgie Stand at Tynecastle.
Delivered in partnership with Gorgie Collective, Lothian Buses, Mortgage Advice Scotland, Network Rail, NHS Lothian, Street Soccer Scotland.
Get in touch for more info: 0131 200 7225 or email@example.com