Big Hearts Delivers Christmas
In 2020, Big Hearts went ‘on the road’ to deliver Christmas essentials directly to vulnerable people’s homes.
Christmas 2020 highlights:
- 300+ pre-cooked festive meals to older people & families in poverty
- 1,200+ bespoke gifts matching the interest of 285+ disadvantaged adults & children
- 255+ holiday parcels for local school pupils and isolated older people
- 75+ long-life food parcels to struggling households in Edinburgh
- 120+ active Big Hearts Volunteers involved across December
- Over £14,300 raised through community fundraising initiatives
The Big Hearts’ Staff team and Board of Trustees would like to thank all partner organisations, Hearts’ supporters, Club staff and players who joined our efforts over the festive season to support hundreds of households in need across Edinburgh and further afield.
A special mention and thanks to the main funders of the programme:
– Foundation Scotland: £4,203 grant via the Response, Recovery and Resilience Fund
– Yorkshire Building Society: £1,000 via the YBS Charitable Foundation
– Tesco Edinburgh: £1,000 via the Edinburgh Cheer partnership
FREE FESTIVE MEALS
We’re teaming up with Space and Broomhouse Hub to cook and distribute 300 Christmas dinners across the community!
This new partnership will enable struggling households and isolated elderlies to enjoy a free festive meal from the comfort of their homes.
Until 24th December, supporters are in with a chance to win exciting signed items & Hearts memorabilia!
All the funds raised will go to support our work over the festive season.
GIFT BACK INITIATIVE
For the 2nd year, we are encouraging partners and supporters to help us provide bespoke Christmas presents to those most in need.
This initiative is expected to support over 350 children & older people across Edinburgh.
Help Big Hearts deliver Christmas with a donation! Our support initiatives will be mostly based on door to door deliveries.
Any money you can give will go towards supporting individuals and families facing loneliness and poverty.
VOLUNTEER WITH US
Supporters can play a vital role in our Christmas activities, with a host of volunteer roles to complete at the Stadium or from your own home!
Deadline to get involved is 1st December.
This winter 2020, Big Hearts remains as committed as ever to tackling food insecurities and acute loneliness in our community.
We’ll focus our efforts on providing free festive meals, bespoke gifts, Christmas essentials and check-in phone calls.