Gift Back Heroes
Objective of Role
Help Big Hearts deliver Christmas! As our charity will be supporting hundreds of groups over the festive season, we are looking for supporters interested in joining our efforts.
Gift Back Heroes are set to play a key-role in supporting those who might not get any presents to open on Christmas morning. This is an opportunity to volunteer as well as contribute directly to our vital Christmas work with an in-kind donation.
First, we will match you with a person from Santa’s nice list. Each person on the list has been referred to Big Hearts and you will be encouraged to buy small Christmas presents from their wish list.
- You will be expected to buy a selection of small presents up to a total value of £20.
- Big Hearts will share with you the anonymous profile of the individual you are supporting – including their age and a list of interests to help guide your choices.
- You will then drop off your gifts at Tynecastle Park so they can be wrapped, packed and delivered by us to your specific matched person in the run up to Christmas Day.
- This role is open to anyone who wishes to contribute.
- There is no age limit, although we ask that under 16’s who wish to get involved are supported by an adult.
- Gifts to be dropped off at the Stadium Monday 6th December (10am-4pm) Wednesday 8th December (4.30pm-8pm) Friday 10th December (10am-4pm)
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to volunteer and represent the Club’s charity.
- The chance to directly support families/older people, ensuring they will receive gifts this Christmas.
- On-going support and guidance from Big Hearts’ Volunteer Development Officer.
Location & time
- Profile matching: From 15th November onwards, Big Hearts will share with you by email or text a shortlist of interests and an age to help you purchase gifts for your specific person.
- Gifts drop off: You will be expected to bring your gifts to Tynecastle Park by 10th December.
This is a flexible role, which you can complete remotely in your own time in Nov/Dec, with one trip to Tynecastle Park required to drop off your gifts.
If you are interested in this role, please let us know by Friday 26th November, by clicking on the button below. We’ll be back in touch with further details.