Big Hearts Community Trust announces new strategy to 2024
Six years after becoming a family-focused charity and as the only non-profit organisation currently operating from Tynecastle Park, Big Hearts Community Trust is delighted to announce ambitious plans for 2021 – 2024.
As part of a new strategic direction for the next three years, the official charity of Heart of Midlothian FC is committed to bring community resources together to offer adults and children free opportunities to help them live a safe and fulfilling life.
Through a participatory process, our charity consulted close to 200 individuals – including Hearts fans, local families and third sector agencies, in order to identify key-learnings from the Covid-19 pandemic and better understand what matters the most to the people we support and work with. [Read more]
By 2024, Big Hearts aims to make a positive difference by:
– Understanding people’s needs first to offer the appropriate support that will improve their life circumstances.
– Building & delivering programmes addressing the main challenges faced by adults and children in South West Edinburgh.
– Acting as a proactive facilitator between local organisations, available resources and the communities we serve.
Reflecting these new ambitions, our activity will focus on:
– Mental health: Delivering bespoke advice and peer-support promoting positive mental health at all ages.
– Social connections: Offering a safe and welcoming environment to build meaningful social connections.
– Equal opportunities: Creating opportunities to access essentials for a brighter future, regardless of background.
We would like to thank all those who got involved in shaping this new 3-year strategic plan, with special thanks to the Board of Trustees and Staff Team.