Big Hearts strengthens its staff team ahead of new three-year plan
Today, Big Hearts is thrilled to announce a new staff structure with five full-time employees, following the appointment of Caryn Kerr as Big Hearts’ new Fundraising and Development Manager. After a record breaking year in 2017, Big Hearts looks ahead to the next three years, with a strengthened staff team and an ambitious three-year plan which is being finalised.
– Caryn Kerr, Fundraising and Development Manager, who joined the charity in 2015 as General Manager, moves into the new role working on developing fundraising streams including corporate partnerships and grant funding.
– Craig Wilson, General Manager, joined Big Hearts in 2015 as Communications and Fundraising Officer and now leads the charity, reporting to the Board of Trustees.
– Innes Shirreff, recruited in the summer 2016 as Volunteer Development Officer, takes charge of the Big Hearts Supporters Programme which sees fans of the club volunteer across the community.
– Kirsty Roebuck, Project Administrator also recruited in the summer 2016, coordinates the delivery of Big Hearts’ programmes of support in coordination with lead partners.
– Charlotte Cailliez, Communications and Fundraising Officer who initially joined the team for maternity cover in 2017, takes care of promoting Big Hearts’ activities and supporting community fundraising.
Caryn Kerr, commenting on her new role:
“Many vulnerable people – young and old – are involved with Big Hearts every week and maintaining our existing programmes in the long run is a core objective. I’m thrilled to be appointed in this role where I will focus on establishing a range of income streams to sustain Big Hearts’ activities and help fund future ones. It’s a new step in strengthening our organisation, ensuring families and individuals in need will be able to access support through Big Hearts for years to come.”
Craig Wilson, Big Hearts’ General Manager said:
“We are delighted at the progress of Big Hearts and our future is an exciting one. We want to help even more families over the next few years and the shape and commitment of our new staff team will help us make a considerable difference to those who need our help. It’s a real honour to lead such a fantastic charity and work with such a committed group of people; our staff, our trustees, our partners and of course our incredible group of Big Hearts Supporters.”