Edinburgh Cheer – How to get involved this weekend
With Edinburgh Cheer well under way across the capital, Big Hearts and the Club are delighted to host and support a series of exciting initiatives this weekend – where anyone can get involved to spread some cheer & make a difference to the most vulnerable within our community!
- ‘Mission Christmas’ Gift Collection in the ClubStore – With 1 in 4 children living in poverty, Radio Forth Cash for Kids help keep the magic of Christmas alive for thousands of local children who would not normally receive a gift on Christmas Day. We would appreciate any donation, small or big, of new and unwrapped gifts suitable for young people aged 0-18 years. The ClubStore will be open 9am-1:30pm this Saturday, with extensive opening hours over Christmas.
- Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day at Tynecastle – For a minimum donation of £2, supporters at the game Hearts vs Motherwell on Saturday can get their hands on a special maroon Christmas hat – with all proceeds going to Save the Children, the Club’s main sponsor. In addition to the Christmas Jumper Day fundraising activities, bucket collectors – including Big Hearts Volunteers – will be in attendance before kick-off at 3pm. Not coming to the game? You can get involved until 15th Dec.
- Christmas Crafts Workshop on Dalry road – Gorgie Collective and Big Hearts are delighted to be hosting a crafts stall on Saturday at St Martin’s on Dalry Road, where adults will get the chance to make their own Christmas decorations & gifts in a very relaxed atmosphere! If you fancy expressing your creativity for 5 minutes or 1 hour, pop over between 5:30pm & 7pm!
- Foodbank Collection in all the Tesco stores across Edinburgh – Tesco customers are encouraged to donate what they can in the Edinburgh stores this weekend, with a series of fundraising activities. The money and supplies collected will help offer hundreds of free meals & goody bags at both Tynecastle Park and Easter Road on Christmas Day.
- Sleep in the Park fundraiser for Social Bite – Hearts staff & supporters will join thousands of others at the event in Princes Street Gardens, in a bid to end homelessness in Scotland. You can support the team and join the cause by donating online.