People with big hearts to deliver Christmas across the community
Today Big Hearts, the charity of Heart of Midlothian FC, announces their ambitions for the festive season and how Big Hearts Supporters can get involved in a manner that suit them.
Practical and emotional support during the festive season
For the second year, Big Hearts is going on the road to bring some festive cheer directly to people’s homes. As we are all facing a 2nd winter in the pandemic, we know that it will be even more challenging for hundreds of individuals living alone, for low income families and those finding this time of the year difficult to handle.
Providing emotional and practical support will be our main priority:
– Secure food essentials during the holidays and a free meal on Christmas Day
– Ensure everyone will find a gift chosen for them under the Christmas tree
– Enable individuals to access social opportunities to spend a safe and joyful season
Our staff team is currently taking referrals to identify people in need of some extra help. We’d encourage anyone to get in touch and let us know how Big Hearts can make a positive difference. Click here to access the referral form.
Big Hearts’ 3rd Gift Back Appeal open for Supporters
Our 2021 ‘Gift Back Appeal’ is now open for charity supporters interested in providing small presents tailored to the needs of children and and adults living locally.
This popular initiative sees Hearts fans, local businesses & partners support members of our community who are at high risk of poverty or social isolation over the festive season. Click here to see our Gift Back leaflet.
Volunteering to spread festive cheer across the community
We are looking for Hearts fans & Gorgie residents who are interested in joining our efforts over the next two months. To help Big Hearts deliver Christmas cheer, come and help be a volunteer!
– *Big Hearts Little Helpers*: Volunteer at the Stadium to add the finishing touches to presents and greeting cards for local groups. Click here
– *Christmas Drivers*: Play a vital role in distributing food and gifts directly to people’s homes ahead of Christmas Day. Click here
– *Friends of Big Hearts*: Bring your fun events ideas to life and raise vital funds to support our work at Christmas and into the New Year. Contact us.
To find out more, contact us at email@example.com or call 0131 603 4928 (Mon – Fri).