On March 13, Big Hearts suspended all face to face support. This decision initiated a shift in our delivery model to ensure the safety of our programme participants, volunteer and staff amidst the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Helplines: 3 new phone lines designed to address the most immediate needs of local groups. Read more.
- Older people: Reminiscence ‘at home’ packs distributed as part of Football & Edinburgh Memories.
- Kinship Care: Online peer support, family activity parcels and financial advice. Find out more.
- School’s Out: Food and activity parcels distributed to local pupils living in poverty. Read more.
- Mental Health: Video chats, one-to-one advice & wellbeing info as part of The Changing Room.
- Digital Accessibility: IT equipment to maintain online connections & complete homeschooling.
- Youth Befriending: Family parcels & online activities through our Volunteer Befrienders.
- Volunteering: Hearts fans getting involved to help others, remotely or from the Stadium. Find out more.
- 6,000+ vulnerable people supported across the community
- 590+ family parcels providing educational games, food and wellbeing tools
- 1,000+ check-in calls to vulnerable families and isolated individuals
- 800+ calls to Hearts supporters aged over 65s
- 280+ ‘Memories at home’ reminiscence packs sent out to older people
- 125 active volunteers involved across various projects
- 192 hours of befriending to vulnerable young people
- 20 wellbeing video chats to support men’s mental health
- 5,000+ packed lunches produced weekly for the charity Social Bite
- 41 families supplied with IT equipment for online contacts and homeschooling